- DF101 Basic Digital Forensic Analysis
- To obtain the fundamental knowledge and skills required to preview and acquire images in a forensically sound manner.
- When Feb 10, 2020 to Feb 13, 2020 (US/Eastern / UTC-500)
- Where GREATER HOUSTON REGIONAL COMPUTER FORENSIC LABORATORY
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
This course provides the fundamental knowledge and skills required to preview and acquire images in a forensically sound manner of the most commonly encountered forms of digital evidence (Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS-based computers, external storage devices, and Android and iOS-based mobile devices). Presentations and hands-on practical exercises cover topics on storage media and how data is stored, firmware interfaces (BIOS, UEFI), the previewing process, live and dead-box previewing, the forensic acquisition process, tool validation, hardware and software write blockers, forensic image formats, and multiple forensic acquisition methods. Students will use third party tools, both free and commercial, that are currently used by practitioners in the field.