In 2002, the FBI established the RCFL National Program Office (NPO) to oversee the operations of the RCFLs, and to facilitate the creation of new facilities. Additionally, the NPO supports the laboratories by —
- Providing technical assistance to ensure consistent quality management of each laboratory
- Institutionalizing the policies, practices, and legal processes regarding the establishment and governance of RCFLs
- Cultivating working relationships between law enforcement, the private sector, academia, and other government agencies by serving as a national clearinghouse for the exchange and dissemination of information among these entities
- Serving as an advocate for the Program before key constituent groups
- Working with the FBI and other government agencies to develop new digital evidence forensics tools
- Developing training curricula for digital evidence Examiners and law enforcement officers
- Coordinating and communicating training initiatives and tool development efforts for use by the law enforcement community.
Read more »
Cell Phone Kiosks
The Operational Technology Division's Computer Analysis Response Team's (CART) cell phone kiosks are available at select FBI Field Offices and RCFLs. This kiosk allows users to extract data from a cell phone, put it into a report, and burn the report to a CD or DVD in as little as 30 minutes.
Read more »