Due to the very selective and highly competitive nature of the FBI Honors Internship Program, a limited number of internships are awarded each summer. Only individuals possessing strong academic credentials, outstanding character, a high degree of motivation, and the willingness to represent the FBI upon returning to their respective campuses will be selected. In order to be considered, individuals must meet all of the following qualifications at the time they apply—
- Candidates must be attending a college or university that is accredited by one of the regional or national institutional associations recognized by the United States Secretary of Education
- Undergraduate students must be in their junior or senior year, attending a college or university full-time
- Graduating seniors do not have to be returning to school the following semester
- Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale and be in good standing with their academic institution
- Candidates must be citizens of the United States
- Candidates must meet all FBI Employment Requirements, be able to pass an FBI Background Investigation, and receive a Top Secret Security Clearance.