The following Guidelines explain the requirements under which our speakers can appear at an event. Please note that due to the volume of speaking requests and limited number of DES personnel, not all inquiries can be honored, but we will do our best.
- The host should allow the speaker to determine the length of the presentation followed by 15 minutes for questions.
- The host provides the venue and generates an audience of at least 30 people. They should acknowledge the Digital Evidence Section in all printed materials associated with the event.
- The host organization should introduce the speaker at the start of the presentation, acknowledging the Digital Evidence Section at that time.
- The host should coordinate with the speaker regarding any specific audio/visual equipment needs.
- Because DES staff are law enforcement officials employed by either a local, state, or federal government agency, including the FBI, they cannot accept any fees, gifts, or gratuities for speaking engagements.